Fried Cheese Puffs
● 2 cups soft white cheese (Israeli gvina levana can be substituted with farmer's cheese, cottage cheese, ricotta, sour cream)
● 1 1/2 cup flour ● 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
● 6 eggs
● 1/2 cup sugar
● 1 tsp. vanilla extract
● 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
● 1/4 cup powdered sugar
● 1/2 cup powdered sugar for decoration
1) Whip together eggs, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2) Add cheese and mix well.
3) Fold in flour, cinnamon, and powdered sugar until just combined.
(Batter can be made up to 5 hours in advance and kept in refrigerator.)
4) Drop spoonfuls into hot oil (350 degree). Best not to crowd the pan.
5) Fry until brown on all sides.
B'teavon and Chag Chanukah Sameach!