Baked Beets Salad with Walnuts, Fresh Fennel, and Basil
Cooking Israel with a Puzzle Israel Recipe
Copyright © Adi Peretz
● 4 large beets
● 2 large fennels
● 1 cup roasted walnuts
● 1 cup fresh basil leaves
● 1 garlic clove, crushed
● 1 tsp. green chili, chopped
● 1 lemon, squeezed
● 3 tbsp. olive oil
● 1 tbsp. honey
● Salt and pepper to taste
● Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 430̊F
- Wrap each beet with aluminum foil and place on bottom of oven
- Bake for an hour, until soft
- Cool for 20 minutes
- While beets are baking, slice the fennels as thinly as possible
- In a bowl, combine the fennel, garlic, and lemon juice
- Peel beets and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- Add beets to the fennel and add olive oil, salt, pepper, and chili
- Cool until serving time
- Before serving, stir in the walnuts, basil and honey
BeTeavon and ENJOY!
Bring Tastes of Israel into your Kitchen!
Let the aromas and flavors remind you of Israel, far away, but forever in your heart and in your life!
Click HERE to download our FREE Cooking Israel Cookbook.