LAUGH WITH ISRAEL: SUBMISSION RULES
JOIN US as we celebrate your Israel Connection in a most humorous way!
From now through March 7, 11:59pm EST, we welcome your jokes, sketches, songs, gigglebytes to be featured in our Global Purimshpiel and shared with the world as we continue to celebrate the defeat of our enemies by “killing them” with laughter!
Through Laugh With Israel, you are contributing to a new wave of Israel portrayal online, giving the world a unique opportunity to see the Jewish Homeland in a new light. Beyond the headlines, these videos will showcase our humor, culture, and ability to laugh at ourselves even during the hardest of times. IFF is giving Jews around the world a new way to understand and appreciate what’s funny about Israel, in a positive and respective manner.
HOW TO ENTER - Here’s how it works!
● Gather your school, community group, youth movement, family or even just a random group of friends and participate with fellow Jews around the world in a Global Israel Comedy Fest.
● Think of topics that evoke something funny about Israel.
● Sign up for Laugh With Israel by clicking HERE.
● Make a video of your joke or sketch and follow the instructions in your signup email to submit
● Submissions should be no longer than 3 minutes.
● You may submit multiple times
● Submissions will not be accepted after March 7, 2015.
● You will receive confirmation of your submission. We will contact you with any questions or issues should they arise.
● Winners will be announced on Purim, March 24 in conjunction with the launch of the Global Purimshpiel.
SUBMISSIONS CAN INCLUDE: jokes, sketches, songs, improv, parody, film, satire or spoofs that address something about Israel.
SUBMISSIONS WHICH INCLUDE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY ELIMINATED: profanity, hatred, racism, derogatory or offensive references to any group or individual.
HERE’S A LIST TO GET YOUR CREATIVE JUICES FLOWING!
camels vs. cars, falafel vs. schwarma, taxi drivers yell at you then invite you to Shabbat dinner, never ending crowds of Birthright students all summer long, floating in the Dead Sea, using Hebrish (a hybrid of Hebrew & English) to get around, soldiers everywhere and then incredible feeling of safety, loud Israelis, personal space issues, holidays in Israel, how Israelis debate, the freedom of youth, language barriers, culture clash, the humor in religion and state issues (read: long beards not allowed in the army), pick any politician and get plenty of material, driving in Israel, dating and dating, and then more dating, mothers (Jewish mothers is an international phenomena), start-ups (ie the latest app or technology that is both funny and imperative to the world).
CHECK OUT OUR GIGGLEBYTES FOR EXAMPLES TO INSPIRE YOUR FUNNY BONE!
Videos will be showcased on www.IsraelForever.org. Viewers will be encouraged to share with the hashtag #LaughWithIsrael to encourage visibility.
Our dedicated judges will review all submissions and will select the top 3 to be awarded special prizes!
ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS: Who can take part?
● Any Jewish school, youth movement, family or even just a group of friends or an individual person who is an Israel supporter
● There is NO AGE LIMIT for Jewish humor! Submissions should be fitting for viewers of all ages
● NO profanity, hatred, racism, derogatory or offensive references to any group or individual It is highly encouraged that videos be no longer than 3 minutes in length.
Best of all you are contributing to a new wave of Israel portrayal online, giving the world a unique opportunity to see the Jewish Homeland in a new light. Beyond the headlines, these videos will showcase our humor, culture, and ability to laugh at ourselves even during the hardest of times.
PRIZES & COLLECTION RULES
How can you claim your prize if you win? What happens if you are unable to accept?
1. If a winner is unable to accept their prize, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
2. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted.
3. Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and approval by The Israel Forever Foundation.The winner will be notified by email within 3 days after winning.The winner or selected entrant will then have 7 days to respond with their information. If the winner or selected entrant is unable to be contacted within 30 days after being selected or is ineligible, the prize will be forfeited.
1. No purchase is necessary for your involvement in Laugh With Israel.
2. This virtual video contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
3. Israel Forever retains the right to disqualify any contestant if the rules are not followed.
4. Any information collected by registering to enter the contest shall be used only in a manner consistent with these Contest Rules.
5. If the contest is not able to run as planned, without limitation, Israel Forever reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify the contest at their discretion.