Roasted Pepper Soup
Courtesy of Puzzle Israel
Serving Size: 6
● 6 Red Peppers
● 1 Red Onion
● 1 tablespoon Chopped Ginger
● 1 tablespoon Chopped Garlic
● 1/2 cup Olive Oil
● 2-3 cups of Water
● 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
● 2-3 tablespoons Honey
● 1/2 cup Roasted Almonds
● Touch of Salt and Pepper according to your tastes
- Heat up the oven to 500F (250C).
- Sprinkle a little oil on the peppers and roast them until charred.
- Remove pan from oven and place the red peppers into a plastic bag, sealing the bag well.
- Let the peppers cool for 20 minuets.
- Heat up a frying pan with 3-4 tablespoons of oil.
- Chop the onion and cook it until it begins to brown.
- Add the chopped ginger and garlic into the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Peel the roasted peppers and chop them.
- Add to the chopped peppers into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Use a hand blender to blend it all together until you have a smooth pepper puree.
- Add the coconut milk, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a second boil and add water as needed.
- Sprinkle some of the almonds before serving.