Cooking Israel with a Puzzle Israel Recipe
Serving Size: 6
● 1/2 kg White Flour
● 1/2 kg Whole Wheat Flour
● 3 tablespoons Sugar
● 1 tablespoon Dry Yeast
● 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
● 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
● 600-700 ml Cold Water
● Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped (dried, freshly chopped or frozen)
- Heat up the oven to 450F (250C).
- Mix the dry ingredients (except the salt) in a bowl.
- Add the water and start mixing with one hand in the center of the bowl.
- After 3 minutes of mixing, add the olive oil, salt and chopped rosemary and continue mixing from the center out, filling the dough with air for 5-10 minutes.
- Cover with a plastic bag for 1 hour.
- Add three tablespoons of chopped rosemary.
- Add three tablespoons of flour and mix the dough for 1 minute taking the air out.
- Cover for 1 more hour.
- Shape 6-8 balls of dough using a good amount of flour so the dough does not stick to your hands.
- Roll out each ball of dough, 2-3 cm thick.
- Sprinkle some olive oil and salt.
- Place dough on a pan and put in the oven until brown and crispy.