● 500g Tofu, cut into 2 in cubes
● 1/4 cup soy sauce
● 2 sweet potato, cut into 2 in cubes
● 2 tsp ground ginger
● 1/4 cup honey
● 1 tsp nutmeg
● 1 package mushrooms
● 2 tsp garlic, minced and smashed
● 1 tsp sea salt
- Soak your wooden skewers in water to prevent burning on the grill.
- Marinate the cubes of tofu in soy sauce for 30 minutes in a medium sized bowl.
- Cut the sweet potato into cubes and mix with honey, ground ginger, and nutmeg.
- Gently clean the mushrooms and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Start adding the pieces to the skewer in whatever order you want.
- Cook on mangal or grill for 4-6 minutes, turning periodically so no one side burns.
BETEAVON and ENJOY!
Looking for other great vegetable shishlik ideas?
Try these mixtures and enjoy your daily veggie dose any day of the week!
- Portabello mushrooms in balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, salted cherry tomatoes, red onion and brussel sprouts
- Kohlrabi, butternut squash, and beets - just cube, spice up with cumin, sumac and salt and you're ready to go!
- Pepper sticks: red, yellow and orange pepper cuts with a cherry tomato or zucchini chunks in between - sprinkle with oregano, olive oil and salt and voila! Delish!