Looking around the world, many of us feel helpless, frustrated, afraid. We want and need inspiration that will help us push through the darkness and stressful times. And many of us are looking for ways we can make a difference in this world, even if in some small way.
In this community discussion, we look at how we can each do more to overcome today’s challenges of what it means to be living as a Jew in the face of social, political, even economic stresses that we are each feeling.
Get inspired. Increase your own impact. Share your story and perhaps you can make a difference by inspiring others.
QUESTIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- What does it mean to be living as a Jew in the midst of social, political, emotional stresses that we are each facing?
- If we just want to be able to live our daily lives and focus on being positive, how can we find the time and energy to cope with negative events or the pressure of having to be “public” as a Jew, whether as an activist or just a concerned citizen?
- What can one person do to make a tangible difference, when Jewish activism through the social networks and digital marketing is so limited because anything Israel or Jewish related is flagged as controversial and not allowed to appear?
- How much should we keep informed about hateful incidents and trends? How does it help us to know about it, if we really cannot do anything to stop it?
- How much should we seek to remain informed about hate events, and what purpose does this achieve?
- What impact can we have on the rise of antisemitism and violence?
- What can I do to increase my Jewish identity and pride in Israel and to share it with others?
- How can we act together as a virtual global community in order to strengthen our impact on those around us and in our lives?