Sufganiyot Gluten free Gold
Melt in your mouth #glutenfree deliciousness makes these heavenly sufganiyot a true gold medal winner. The fluffiness, the taste, and the texture just as they should be, everyone will come back wanting more. Make these amazing Chanukah doughnuts for the whole family to enjoy! They’re so good, you’ll want them all year round!
Makes 12 sufganiyot
- 200g lactose free yogurt
- 3 TBSP Israeli honey
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 cup all purpose gluten free flour (Molino gree, K’ragil, Tami, Better Batter)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- ½ tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- Oil for frying - I use half olive oil, half sunflower
- Mix together all of the ingredients, starting on a low speed until combined. Then beat well for 9 minutes.
- Scoop from the outside of the bowl inward to create a ball. Transfer to well oiled bowl and cover all sides of the ball in oil. Rest for 2-3 hrs. Can be refrigerated, allow to come to temperature plus added rising time before working with the dough.
- Using well-oiled hands, or an ice cream scoop, take a ball of the dough - it will be sticky but pliable. Pro-tip: turn the ball “inside out” creating a hole in the middle for the filling. Roll well with hands to form a ball - will not be perfect and will expand to its own beautiful golden goodness in the fryer.
- Heat your oil in a deep pot. Fry on a low flame until golden brown on all sides.