The building of Israel has been an ongoing project for thousands of years. From Biblical times and spanning the generations of exile, the Jewish devotion to re-establishing a sovereign Jewish state has never faltered.
The settlement and cultivation of the Land, the contributions of Jews throughout the Diaspora, the development of communities with each new wave of immigration each represent a different component of the building of a Jewish State.
To this day, the country is changing and progressing quickly, attempting to maintain a balance between our history and our contributions to the future of Israel.
Come experience the building of Israel then, now and forever.
- Historical development of the Land of Israel
- Pioneers Then and Now
- Conceptions of Settlement: Jewish community building through the Yishuv, Kibbutz, Moshav, City centers and pioneering communities
- Expanding into the desert: Focus on the Negev and Arava
- Israel’s growth and development since 1948 is a modern day miracle. What reasons do you think have helped Israel grow so fast? Is there something uniquely Jewish about the development process?
- How have the original settlement structures (kibbutz, moshav) influenced the way that Israeli society has developed?
- Israel is very proud of its “blooming, green desert”. What environmental innovations unique to Israel have enabled this to happen?