Fried Cheese Puffs
Fried cheese puffs melt in your mouth with a salty sweetness that will have everyone asking for more!
- 2 cups soft white cheese (Israeli gvina levana)
FOR #DAIRYFREE use 250 g Alternative Soy spread Natural flavor and 100 g Tofutti sour cream style spread
- 1 1/2 cup flour
FOR #GLUTENFREE, use 1 cup potato flour, ½ cup buckwheat/quinoa/cassava
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar for decoration
- Whip together eggs, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add cheese and mix well.
- Fold in flour, cinnamon, and powdered sugar until just combined. (Batter can be made up to 5 hours in advance and kept in refrigerator.)
- Drop spoonfuls into hot oil (350 degrees). Best not to crowd the pan.
- Fry until brown on all sides.
B'teavon and Chag Chanukah Sameach!