Homemade Garlic Pita Chips
● 5 pitas
● ¼ cup olive oil
● 4-6 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced
● 2 tsp salt
● 1 tsp paprika
● 1 tsp parsley or basil - dried or fresh, finely chopped (optional)
- Mince/press the garlic and add to the olive oil to allow the flavors to “mesh” together. Add your favorite chopped herbs.
- Cut pita into wedges - each round should allow for 8 wedges. For thinner crisps, separate the tops and bottoms of each wedge.
- Put into a large bowl. Add salt and drizzle with the garlic olive oil. Mix well, massaging the oil into the triangles well.
- Lay out on a large baking tray and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 325F/180C for 5-7 minutes. Turn all the pieces over and back for another 7 minutes, keeping a close eye so they do not burn.
- Perfect with soup, chili, hummus, babaganoush or as an anytime snack!