Honey Olive Oil Wheat Bread
● 1 cup warm water
● 2 tablespoons yeast
● 2 tablespoons sugar
● 1/4 cup olive oil
● 1/4 cup honey or date honey
● 1 cup white flour
● 2 cup whole wheat flower
● 2 teaspoons salt
● 1 teaspoon thinly sliced almonds (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the water, yeast and sugar.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes or until the mixture becomes bubbly and frothy.
- Add in oil and honey.
- Slowly add in the flour, one cup at a time. Add in the salt.
- Knead by hand or with the paddle attachment of your electric mixer for about 15 minutes.
- In the same bowl, brush the dough with oil and let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Punch down, shape in loaf and place in a greased loaf pan. Brush with more oil and drizzle top with honey/date honey. Can sprinkle top with thinly sliced almonds.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Slice the top with a sharp bread knife or any serrated knife.
- Bake for about 25-35 min minutes depending on your oven. If the top begins to brown early, lay a piece of aluminum foil over the top for the remaining time.
- Let cool before removing from pan.
- Serve with date honey for guests to drizzle on top.