The Official Fennel Soup by Israeli Chef Nir Elkayam
Join Molly Livingstone as she grills the Head Chef of the Inbal Hotel Nir Elkayam on his spices, kitchen staff and of course, delicious SOUP!
It’s your very own step-by-step guide to making top chef style Fennel Soup.. we can almost smell it from here!
● 2 Tbsp Olive oil
● 3 Fennel, sliced
● 1 Onion, sliced
● 2 cloves garlic
● 1 tsp Sumac
● 1 cup Wine
● 6 cups Water or broth
● 2 tsp. Basil, fresh or dried
- Saute the onions in olive oil until light in color.
- Add Fennel and continue to sautee until lightly softened.
- Add spices and garlic mix until all vegetables are coated.
- Pour in water/broth and wine and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat to a low medium and allow to cook through, about 30-45 minutes.
- Add basil and blend everything until smooth using a hand blender or regular blender if need be.
- Heat before serving.