Serving Size: 6
● 3 cups fresh pumpkin, cut into large chunks
● 3 sweet potatoes, peeled
● 5 large carrots, peeled
● 1 butternut squash, peeled and seeded, cut into large chunks
● 1 onion, quartered
● 1 cup orange lentils
● 6 cups vegetable broth, or water
● 2-3 tsp kosher salt
● 1 tsp olive or sesame oil, as preferred
● 2 cloves garlic, minced
● 2 tsp ground ginger
● 1 tsp ground cinnamon
● 1 tsp ground nutmeg
● 2 tsp turmeric
● 1/2 tsp ground white pepper (optional)
● 1 cup coconut milk (optional)
- Put all the vegetables in a large pot and add 1-2 cups of broth/water.
- Cover and cook over a medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes until everything is soft. By steaming the vegetables in larger chunks, you retain much more of the nutritional value!
- Add lentils, spices and the rest of the broth and the coconut milk and cook on a low heat for 10-15 minutes more.
- Blend everything together until smooth - either with blender stick, or pour into food processor/blender. Watch out for the hot steam!
- Add more salt or more coconut milk to taste and serve with homemade garlic pita chips
BeTeavon and ENJOY!
Bring Tastes of Israel into your Kitchen!
Let the aromas and flavors remind you of Israel, far away, but forever in your heart and in your life!
Click HERE to download our FREE Cooking Israel Cookbook.