Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
Copyright © Adi Peretz
● 15 large fresh mushrooms, stems removed and finely diced, mushroom caps remain whole
● 2 red onions, finely chopped
● 2 leeks, finely chopped
● 4 dried figs, chopped
● 2 tbsp. raw tahini
● 1 cup walnuts, chopped
● ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
● 1 tsp. sea salt
● 1 tsp. sumac (optional)
● ¼ tsp. white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Heat a frying pan over high heat, coat with olive oil, and add the chopped onions, stirring until golden brown
- Add the leeks and saute until golden brown
- Add the mushrooms until cooked
- Add the figs to the caramelized mixture in the frying pan
- Add the raw tahini, and stir mixture together
- Add the walnuts
- Add sea salt, white pepper, and sumac to the mixture
- On a lined baking sheet, fill each mushroom cap with the prepared mixture
- Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes
BeTeavon and ENJOY!
Bring Tastes of Israel into your Kitchen!
Let the aromas and flavors remind you of Israel, far away, but forever in your heart and in your life!
Click HERE to download our FREE Cooking Israel Cookbook.