Knock Down Haman Bowling
“In every generation they rise up against us, to destroy us and every time God saves us from their hands”
In the Purim story it was Haman who tried to destroy the Jewish people. This is your opportunity to knock him down!!
HOW TO SET UP YOUR HAMAN BOWLING
- Draw or print out several images of Haman - the kids can decide what they think Haman looked like, create many different versions of Haman or use images of ‘Hamans’ throughout Jewish history (other people who tried to destroy the Jewish people)
- Cut out the images so that they can be taped onto empty plastic bottles - water bottles, cola bottles - anything will work as long as the bottles are uniform
- Tape your Haman images to the bottles
- Line up the bottles in a triangle for bowling
- Get a soft ball and bowl a way! Show Haman who won in the end!
Painting as a part of a class or art group? Send us your selfies and group pics for a shoutout throughout our global Jewish community who loves sharing the Israel connection with their fellow Virtual Citizens of Israel around the world. Follow us social media and you can either post your pic online and tag us in your post or email it directly to Stefie@IsraelForever.org.
Help your students find unique ways you to incorporate the Israeli flag and the flag of the country in which you reside into your drawings as well, so that the world can see the vast number of nationalities of our IFF artists!
Stefanie Jo Heideman, founder of Art Escapades, is an art educator who believes that art is not supposed to be competitive, but rather a peaceful, relaxing experience for one to engage in and enjoy. As the Arts and Education Specialist for Israel Forever, Stefie is able to weave her love of Israel into her projects and lesson plans for individuals of all ages and stages of life.