1 kilo flour
60 grams dry yeast
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. powdered sugar
3-4 cups lukewarm water
Oil for frying
1 liter water
1 kilo white sugar
1 tbsp. rose water
1 tbsp. lemon zest
1/4 tsp. ginger
1) Mix together all dry ingredients and then add water. Batter will be moist and sticky.
2) Let batter rise for 1 1/2 hours.
3) Punch the air out of the dough and let rise again for 30 minutes.
4) Cover fingers with oil and take 1 handful of batter.
5) Shape it into a ring by rolling it into a ball and poking finger through to make the hole.
6) Drop it into hot oil and fry both sides until golden brown.
7) Remove and lay on paper towel to soak up excess oil.
1) Boil ingredients together and drizzle over the top of the sfinge, or leave on side for dipping.
B'teavon and Chag Chanukah Sameach!